Friday 23 June 2017

Stampin' Up! Oh So Eclectic Bundle ~ #TGIFC113

Hi! Welcome to my blog! If you are new here, I am a Canadian Stampin' Up! Demonstrator from Calgary, Alberta. Another Friday means it's another day to have fun with the TGIF Challenges Team! Wahoo!!! No seriously! This week is a technique challenge and you are going to L-O-V-E this one! Make sure that you check out the TGIF Challenges site! Join in the fun & create a fabulous "Bokeh" card! We can't wait to see what you have to share!

http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/2017/06/tgifc113-technique-time-bokeh.html

I have made one or two Bokeh cards in my lifetime, not many that's for sure! Saying that, I don't know why I don't break out this technique more often! Seriously! Every time it turns out gorgeous, and there are endless colour combos one could try to give a different look every time! Check out today's card below! 


What do you think? Isn't it gorgeous? I didn't create a video tutorial for you today as there are so many Bokeh technique tutorials out there. You can watch one of my favourite Bokeh technique tutorials in the video below. This is the one I followed for today's card. I of course changed up the colours! Thanks to Diane Dimich for giving me permission to share her video with you today.


Isn't Diane's card gorgeous? I would have to say so. The first time I tried this technique I used the same colours as the ones she chose. I pretty much CASED her card. CASE means Copy And Share Everything (for those who may not be familiar with the lingo). That was before my blogging days or I would have shared it with you back then!


Are you curious as to which ink colours I utilized when making today's Bokeh masterpiece? Can you guess? To be honest, when I created today's project I envisioned a sepia Bokeh background. I chose to use Early Expresso, Soft Suede, & Crumb Cake. But... guess what happened when I mixed those colours with water and let them meld together? They melted into what looked like purple, pink, and brown muddy mess. Did I give up and move on? Nope! I stuck it through, I kept sponging on white circles of ink, just like in Diane's video. In the end I was thrilled with the result! It goes to show that even when you don't like where your project is going, you shouldn't give up! Sometimes the nicest cards can grow from one's crafter's mishaps!

So what do you say? Make sure you try out today's technique! Create something pretty with your Bokeh Background, post it to your blog or favourite social media site, & share it with us over at TGIF! Thanks for visiting today, and I can't wait to see your masterpiece!

Cheers!

Carolynn 💖

4 comments:

  1. Carolynn - this is so pretty and soft. I love all of these elements together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you so much Charlet! 💖 💖 💖

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful--I'm glad you stuck it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara! 💖 💖 💖

      Delete