Tuesday 14 June 2016

Shake It Up - With a Stampin' Up Shaker Card!


Happy Tuesday! I decided to break out a few of my new Stampin' Up goodies today & put aside some time for a little creative play. Shaker cards are making a resurgence in the papercrafting world these days. I have been itching to make one! My daughter stamped along side me this afternoon & we both came up with a few surprises. I love that she is the age where we can really enjoy crafting together. It's every mommy stamper's dream really!


The shaker card I made today was inspired by this week's sketch over at TGIF (#TGIFC59). Click on the sketch icon below if you are interested in checking out other cards that were influenced by this great layout! 

http://tgifchallenges.blogspot.ca/2016/06/tgifc59.html


As for the colour combo, today's choices included Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, Sweet Sugarplum, & Rich Razzleberry!   

With such great products to work with, and so many great inspiring pieces wherever you look, it is pretty quick and easy to come up with a great card to give your loved ones. Stampin' Up also has some great video tutorials, such as the one below, that walk you through all of the steps so you can learn how to create your own shaker if you haven't already done so!




Thanks for stopping by & I hope you enjoyed today's Stampin' creation! If you are interested in checking out all of the supplies that went into the making of today's project, please just click on the images below. They will take you to my Canadian online Stampin' Up boutique!

Carolynn 💖

 https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=2120365

19 comments:

  1. I love this idea and I'm going to have to try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di, you'll have to come over and give it a try. <3

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card - Love the colour combo too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie! I am loving the sweet sugarplum! The new colours are all so great. <3

      Delete
  3. Absolutely lovely! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Stacey! <3 I love the comments!

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Carolynn! Love the color combo (and the name of it) :) and the use of words inside the shaker is too cool! Love that you got to stamp with your daughter too. My mom's my favorite stamping friend - we just live 15 hours apart :( Anyway, AWESOME JOB and as always, great having you play along with TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Holly! I love the TGIF group! My mom enjoys stamping with me too. It is truly a great hobby when it comes to bringing friends & family together (even if it means a 15 hour drive ;) ). Wish we could hang out and stamp sometime, but I feel we are much further away from each other than that even. That's why this blogging world is so much fun. It truly brings stampers together. Thank you again!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rebekah! It means a lot! <3

      Delete
  6. Super super fun and fabulous!! I love how you have added the words inside your shaker--you're brilliant and I plan to copy you. I am so happy you joined our sketch challenge at TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elizabeth! I'm so flattered to think that you would "copy" me!

      Delete
  7. What a stunning colour combination! I love it! Must use that one in my next creation!! I love the stamping of the dots in each colour in the back layer and what a fabulous idea to put some words in your shaker. All round fabulous card. Thanks for playing along this week at TGIF Challenges. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just about perfection! Wonderful color combo, fun shaker, I LOVE IT! Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous card with the #TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jeanna! The TGIF challenges are always so much fun!

      Delete
  9. What a fun card! And that color combo is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Krystal! I just noticed your comment now ... oops! Anyhow, thank you so much for making me smile!

      Delete